Sometimes you want to savor the peace, quiet, and serenity of nature. Other times you want to rip through it on a big, bad machine. That’s when you need to ride The Mounds. It’s one of the premier off-road vehicle parks in the Great Lakes region and offers diverse, uncompromising terrain that challenges even the most experienced ORVer. ATVs, motorcycles, dune buggies, Jeeps, pickups... whatever it is you ride, you haven’t ridden until you’ve ridden The Mounds! It's open year round. There’s a thrill waiting for you, just around the corner at your Genesee County Parks.
6145 E. Mt. Morris Road;
1.5 miles east of Genesee Road
Mt. Morris, MI 48458
Monday - Saturday: 8:00 am - Sunset
Sunday: 10:00 am - Sunset
Click here for driving directions.
The Mounds is open 365 days a year; however, from March 15 through May 15, all trail areas of the Mounds are closed except for the 8-acre scramble area which is located to the North West of the ticket booth. Trucks are not permitted. ATVs, UTVs and dirt bikes are allowed. All areas of the Mounds will reopen to all vehicles the morning of May 16.
Resident Daily Pass—$10.00 per vehicle
Non-Resident Daily Pass—$15.00 per vehicle
Resident Seasonal Pass—$40.00 per vehicle
Non–Resident Seasonal Pass—$70.00 per vehicle
Commercial Photography, Filming, and Vehicle Testing Fee—$125.00 per hour. Additional for staff, equipment, etc.
Seasonal passes expire March 31 each year.
Use of the Mounds requires the purchase of a State of Michigan ORV sticker (in addition to a Mounds ORV pass). The State of Michigan ORV sticker can be purchased at The Mounds. The current price is $26.25.
The following rules also apply in the Mounds ORV Park:
1. You must wear a U.S. Department of Transportation approved crash helmet; unless, your ORV is equipped with a DOT approved roof (which was designed and installed by the manufacturer of the ORV) and you are wearing a seat belt.
2. You must wear eye protection that meets VESC V-8 (Vehicle Equipment Safety Commission Regulations) or ANSI Z87.1 safety glass standard; unless your ORV is equipped with a full windshield.
3. Your ORV must have a USFS (United States Forest Service) approved spark arrestor.
4. Your vehicle must not exceed Michigan’s sound level standards. Sound checks can be performed by the staff at The Mounds.
5. All vehicles that enter The Mounds (beyond the control building) must have a valid State of Michigan ORV Permit attached and visibly in the center rear of the ORV. Additionally, the vehicle must have either a valid Annual Mounds ORV Permit or a Daily Mounds ORV Permit attached and visibly on the ORV.
6. Children under 16 years of age must present their Michigan ORV safety certificate and have adult supervision. For information on how to obtain a Michigan ORV safety certificate, visit www.offroad-ed.com/michigan.
7. Snowmobiles are prohibited.
8. Riders must stay out of the posted wetlands areas.
Alcohol Policy for All Parks
No alcohol or illegal substances are allowed. Park rangers will issue tickets with fines of up to $100 for all violations.