Sometimes you want to savor the peace, quiet, and serenity of nature. Other times you want to rip through it on a big, bad machine. That’s when you need to ride The Mounds. It’s one of the premier off-road vehicle parks in the Great Lakes region and offers diverse, uncompromising terrain that challenges even the most experienced ORVer. ATVs, motorcycles, dune buggies, Jeeps, pickups... whatever it is you ride, you haven’t ridden until you’ve ridden The Mounds! It's open year round. There’s a thrill waiting for you, just around the corner at your Genesee County Parks.
6145 E. Mt. Morris Road;
1.5 miles east of Genesee Road
Mt. Morris, MI 48458
Monday - Saturday: 8:00 am - Sunset
Sunday: 10:00 am - Sunset
Click here for driving directions.
From March 15 - May 15, no trucks are allowed and Motorcycles and ATVs (All- Terrain Vehicles) are restricted to the 8-acre scramble area.
Resident Daily Pass—$10.00 per vehicle
Non-Resident Daily Pass—$15.00 per vehicle
Resident Seasonal Pass—$40.00 per vehicle
Non–Resident Seasonal Pass—$70.00 per vehicle
Commercial Photography, Filming, and Vehicle Testing Fee—$125.00 per hour. Additional for staff, equipment, etc.
Seasonal passes expire March 31 each year.
Use of the Mounds requires the purchase of a State of Michigan ORV sticker (in addition to a Mounds ORV pass). The State of Michigan ORV sticker can be purchased at The Mounds. The current price is $26.25.
The following rules also apply in the Mounds ORV Park:
1. You must wear a helmet and eye protection.
2. Your ORV must have a USFS (United States Forest Service) approved spark arrestor.
3. Your vehicle must not exceed Michigan’s sound level standards. Sound checks can be performed by the staff at The Mounds.
4. Your vehicle must have a valid State of Michigan ORV license permanently attached and visibly displayed.
5. Children under 16 years of age must present their Michigan ORV safety certificate and have adult supervision. For information on how to obtain a Michigan ORV safety certificate, visit the Michigan Department of Natural Resources and Environment website at www.Michigan.gov/dnr and look for recreational safety classes.
6. Snowmobiles are prohibited.
7. Riders must stay out of the posted wetlands areas.
Alcohol Policy for All Parks
No alcohol or illegal substances are allowed. Park rangers will issue tickets with fines of up to $100 for all violations.